Sunday, October 22, 2023

Bless God

 Once a devout Jew felt an intense desire to give a gift to God.  How can such a thing be done? how it is possible to give something to the Almighty?  Swaying over his prayer book he said, Ribbono shel Olam, "What can I give You?  What can I even wish for You?  Riches?  More possessions?  You have everything.  In fact, psalms says, "The earth belongs to the Lord and everything that is in it."  There is nothing you do not possess."

"I cannot wish You wisdom or power.  You are the definition of these things.  After all, don't we say, "There is nothing like the Lord (Ayn Kelohaynu)"?
Let me then wish you what I want for myself: I wish for You, Lord and Master, naches, joy, from Your children."

At each stage in a person's life new aspects of Torah are revealed.  We cannot achieve them all at once.  we receive them only when we are ready.  with an open mind we will find each discovery at the appropriate time.  the only constant in this lifelong process is the joy that accompanies the discovery.  Rebbe Nachman Likutay Moharan I, 22:9
This is the joy that gives God the greates delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment